How Can Outpatient CDI Save Your Hospital TODAY?
HCCs are ONLY THE BEGINNING... how about avoiding denials NOW?
Two Industry Veterans discuss how to structure an Outpatient CDI Program that focuses on a better way to find HCC Gaps, and let YOU get back to improving Cash Flow. NOW.
Recorded Live Tuesday, April 20 2021
Outpatient CDI is taking hold in many hospitals and health systems as facilities begin to focus upon enhancing reimbursement through HCC capture. HCC capture relates to and is associated with potential reimbursement the following year from Medicare Managed Care plans. Inarguably, the focus of outpatient CDI programs should be on improving current physician documentation for the mutual benefit of the patient, the physician, all relevant healthcare stakeholders, and the hospital from an operational revenue cycle performance perspective.
Outpatient CDI can be the financial savior of hospital especially today with the tough financial challenges all hospitals face with the COVID-19 pandemic, provided the program is structured properly with the right processes, staffed with the right people and follows a vision and mission that is conducive to affecting positive physician behavioral change in documentation that best communicates the quality patient care provided supported by appropriate optimal reimbursement.
AND there IS a better way to find and close HCC Gaps... without the need for CDI Specialists to become statisticians and data analysts! We "reveal" a tool to let you get back to the job you are certified to do!
Objectives of the webinar include the following:
- Outline current limitations of present- day CDI programs that will prevent optimal achievement of sustainable improvement in quality and completeness of physician documentation.
- Define and operationalize the mission and vision of outpatient CDI programs that engages physicians and other healthcare stakeholders to be willing participants versus targets in any CDI initiative.
- Identify the necessary skill sets, knowledgebase, and core competencies of a proficient outpatient CDI professional and how best to acquire, cultivate and develop these skills while maintaining relevance in the profession
- Plan, organize, develop a sound roadmap to start a successful effective outpatient CDI program starting low and going slow, achieving quick wins as a solid strategy to round out an effective CDI program for the long haul.
- Measuring performance of outpatient CDI programs- avoiding the same trap as inpatient CDI programs with established task based KPIs that do not approximate, and measure real achieved performance of most programs
- Outpatient CDI - running a business within a business, maintaining a business mindset with a flare and knack for marketing.
- "Revealing" a new tool that finds ALL HCC Gaps in just 4 clicks and in under 30 seconds!