Wiser Wednesday: KPIs for CDI Programs - What do they measure and why?
Oct 15, 2019
Our inaugural show was moderated by Glenn Krauss, CEO & Founder of Core-CDI with Special Guests:
- Terrance Govender, VP of Medical Affairs for ClinIntell
- Heidi Hillstrom, CDI Professional at St. Luke’s Hospital, Duluth, MN
They discuss KPIs for CDI programs as they are commonly being used today…
- Do current KPIs in CDI accurately and dependably measure true performance of a CDI program?
- Are these current measures valid and reliable? If so, to what purpose?
- What constitutes valid and reliable measures of CDI performance for driving and achieving continual documentation improvement?
Listen in to hear the scoop on the current state of affairs in CDI when it comes to KPI measures and understand why the profession is simply measuring the wrong indicators, continuing to go down the wrong path using the wrong approach to achieving documentation improvement.
Future shows will include cutting edge topics aside from CDI, with thought provoking discussion on the myriad of challenges hospitals face in the revenue cycle, begging the need for novel solutions to conquer and survive in the current economic climate of healthcare.